Small Craft Simulator (SCS) is intended for training and demonstrating of competence of sea-going and inland waterways small crafts navigators.
List of basic knowledge and skills, worked out with the use of Small Craft Simulator:
- Start Up and Shut Down of the Boat
- Small craft handling and maneuvering
- Basic High and Low Speed Operations
- Implementation of rules of the road
- Entering harbors at day and night
- Steering a course and use of magnetic compass
- Boat handling in restricted waters
- Astern maneuvering
- High speed maneuvering
- Maneuvering in high sea conditions
- Onboard equipment failures
- Man overboard search and recovery
- Usage radar and chart plotter
- active models of motor boat, cutter, pleasure craft, coast guard vessel (with two engines) marine patrol vessel (RIB)
- target models of merchant vessels more 4100 grt, sailing yacht, liferaft, helicopter.
- Open sea area
- District approach from the sea port
- Doha (Qatar) port area
- European Inland Waters area
- The area of inland waterways with one-way traffic of ships
- The area of inland waterways with the oncoming traffic
- The test area of inland waterways with access to the sea, gateway and multi-span bridges.
The simulator consists of the Instructor WorkPlace (IWP) software and one or several Students WorkPlaces (WPS).
Functional features of software
Instructor WorkPlace (IWP) manages the process of training the student.
The instructor provides:
- choice of exercises and adjusting the initial parameters (area of navigation, hydrometeorological conditions, time of the day, placement and trajectory of the target vessels, emergency situations, installation of navigation signs);
- entry of new targets;
- visual control of the students exercising with the help of virtual cameras;
- active management of the students vessel;
- recording of the exercise for the debriefing.
Students workplace (WPS) provides the student with the opportunity of multiple fulfillment of the exercises set by IWP and improving practical skills.
WPS can be presented in base or compact configuration.
Base configuration includes steering stand with built-in steering wheel, sensor control panels and visualization system on LCD panels.
Compact configuration includes steering stand and visualization system of the surfaced plant which come out on the display of the monitor. Steering is carried out with the help of joystick and mouse.
Students workplace (WPS) imitates steering stand including steering stand with built-in steering wheel engine control (throttle/gears), sensor control panel including magnetic compass, navigation lights сontrol buttons, search light control buttons, speed counter, radar, chartplotter and visualization of the surrounding surface situation.
The simulator is supplied with a set of technical and operational documentation, including training and guidance on practical training.
- Small and pleasure craft navigators
- Coast Guard Patrol
- Patrol Inspectors
- Coast Guard Rescuers