STORM SIM has concluded a contract with Batumi State Maritime Academy (BSMA) of Georgia for the delivery of “NPCNS” Navigation Plotting and Celestial Navigation Simulator.
“NPCNS” Simulator is intended for training of:
- cadets of the navigation faculties in accordance with requirements of Sections A-II/1, A-II/2, as related to gaining navigation plotting skills, and B-II/1 p. “Training in celestial navigation” of STCW Convention at the early stages of training,
- small craft navigators.
With the use of “NPCNS” the following tasks are worked out by the students:
- Work with the nautical chart.
- Position fixing with the use of different methods with the application of simulators of navigational equipment.
- Execution of preliminary route plotting and route monitoring.
- Conducting of main types of navigational calculations, required during the vessel is on the way.
Use of astronomical instruments and teaching aids for the aims of vessel’s position fixing and heading indication system adjustment reckoning in real time mode.