Hover Craft Simulator (HCS) is intended for training and demonstrating of competence of hovercraft drivers.
Hover Craft Simulator is intended for training and demonstrating of competence of hovercraft drivers in winter and summer time of the year.
List of basic knowledge and skills, worked out with the use of SRV simulator:
- Transiting in navigation areas and darkness hours of the day
- Setting afloat in straight lines at slow speed
- Basic High and Low Speed Operations
- Turns and twisting
- Mooring abeam
- Approaching the land, landfall
- Emergency stop with killing the way
- Handling during approach to another vessel
- Man overboard search and recovery.
- active model hovercraft
- target models of merchant vessels more 4100 grt, small crafts.
- The test area of inland waterways in winter time of the year
- Open sea area
- District approach from the sea port
- The test area of inland waterways with access to the sea, gateway and multi-span bridges
The simulator consists of the Instructor WorkPlace (IWP) software and one or several Students WorkPlaces (WPS).
Functional features of software
Instructor WorkPlace (IWP) manages the process of training the student.
The instructor provides:
- choice of exercises and adjusting the initial parameters (area, hydrometeorological conditions, time of the day, placement and trajectory of the target vessels, emergency situations);
- entry of new targets;
- visual control of the students exercising with the help of virtual cameras;
- active management of the students vessel;
- recording of the exercise for the debriefing.
Students workplace (WPS) provides the student with the opportunity of multiple fulfillment of the exercises set by IWP and improving practical skills.
WPS can be presented in base or compact configuration.
Base configuration includes steering stand with built-in steering wheel, sensor control panels and visualization system on LCD panels.
Compact configuration includes steering stand and visualization system of the surfaced plant which come out on the display of the monitor. Steering is carried out with the help of joystick and mouse.
The simulator is supplied with a set of technical and operational documentation, including training and guidance on practical training.
- EMERCOM and Coast Guard Rescuers
- Training Centers
- Handling and maneuvering