STORM continues a work on creating the version 1.0 of the VR Safety and Security Simulator (SaS), which is intended for training officers in advanced firefighting in accordance with Section A-VI/3 of STCW Code requirements.
Virtual Reality (VR) technology is being realized in the SaS Simulator to provide the ultimate realism.
Beta-version of SaS, released in April 2019, includes:
- model of class «B» fire
- algorithms of fire expansion taking into account «Fire triangle» scheme
- possibility of fire activation in either vessel’s part and formation of a scenario of fire progress
- imitator of the stationary aerosol fire extinguishing system
- imitator of powder extinguisher
- models of compartments: wheel house and paint room
- 3D sound effects
The results of the completed stage of software development will allow making new models of vessel’s compartments, imitators of fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment, fire alarm systems, ship communication equipment, models of fire classes.
Fire in the paint room
Work of an aerosol extinguisher system
Fire in the wheel house
Wheel house equipment
Fire on the deck