AFS is intended for training officers in advanced firefighting in accordance with Section A-VI/3 of STCW Code requirements in the part concerning control of firefighting operations aboard ships and organization of fire parties.
List of basic knowledge and skills, worked out with the use of the simulator:
- Organization and control of fire-fighting operations;
- Strategies and tactics for control of fires in various parts of the ship;
- Communication and coordination in the process of fire-fighting operations;
- Control of ventilation, fuel and electrical systems;
- The use of fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment.
STORM is completing the development of a new version of the Advanced Firefighting Simulator