E-learning module (ELM) is developed in accordance with IMO Model course 1.14 “MEDICAL FIRST AID” and Section A-VI/4 of the STCW Code to train crewmembers to provide medical first aid on board ship.
ELM is an electronic textbook on one or more topics of special disciplines. Theoretical materials are accompanied with drawings, diagrams, photos, animations and videos. ELM includes a section for self-assessment.
E-learning module content:
- First-Aid Kit
- Body Structure and Functions
- Toxicological Hazards Aboard Ship
- Examination of patient
- Spinal injuries
- Burns, scalds and effects of heat and cold
- Fractures, Dislocations and Muscular Injuries
- Medical care of rescued persons
- Medical advice